JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

greed

I'll admit it
I have it sometimes

Actually, maybe I should
Soften that up a bit

Most of the time
I want my cake
And I want to eat it,too

EVERYONE I know
Is going somewhere hot in a few weeks

EVERYONE.

'Cept us

This will be the first year
In a LOOOOONG time
That we aren't

'Cuz stupid 'ole me
Has to give birth soon

;) (lol)

See what I mean?
How effing greedy is that?!?!?

I guess I'm feeling a bit guilty
Because we had a trip to Disney planned
For April
That we are postponing
Until next year

My very smart 2 year old is SO ready
for Disney
Some say I'm crazy
"She's only 2, how could she be ready??"
Indeed, she is, I say

Anyway, Disney, Cuba, the Dominican
Hawaii or Mexico
I'll take anything today
As I look out my window
At the snowsqualls
Wind blowing
Effing cold outside

But then I feel a boot in the gut
I look down and smile

That's his way of saying
"Get over yourself, mom"

I will. :)

4 Comments:

At 2:56 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

Hey I'm not going anywhere! I'll join your club. ;)

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Rumour Miller said...

Oh she's ready! I am too! LOL

We are going to my parents in NorthWestern Ontario if it is any consolation.... lol

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Oh, I wish you could go somewhere warm too. Glad the baby is kicking you so you remembered what is truly important!

Disney isn't going anywhere. Put another log on the fire.

 
At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww...

And warm weather is so overrated. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home