JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Thursday, January 05, 2006

funny little things

We've been hanging out
Alot at home lately
Just the after-holiday 'lazies'
I suppose

In doing that
Some funny little things
Come out of my
Very smart 2 year old's mouth
That I just have to laugh out loud

Like what, you ask?

Like, after her bath
While she's standing with the towel on
And I'm making sure that EVERYTHING is dry
And the towel just happens to 'stick'
Somewhere unexpected
(You all know what I mean)
"Heeeey, Mommy...it's stuck in my butt!"

Like, if I'm getting changed in front of her
Quickly though, even though she's little
I've never been comfortable with that
"Nice boobies, mommy...they're big"
(Something she also likes to announce
In the changeroom at her swimming lessons
Behind closed doors
But in the loudest voice)
The snickers that follow
Are really enjoyable

When she runs and leaps on me
And I warn her about not being too, too rough
On her baby brother in mommy's belly
"Can we pull him out yet? I want to see him"

When I'm getting ready to go out
Nowhere fancy, just groceries, etc
And I'm putting on some make-up
"I need to put on my make-up, too"
(You don't need make-up, you're beautiful)
"Yes I do, for my wedding"
(Who are you marrying?)
"Daddy"

Not to mention
That she dances around the house
Singing "Lovely Lady Lumps"
By the Black Eyed Peas

Hub says "that's a good song to teach her"
Rolling his eyes
I tell him that I didn't
She picks up every song she hears
A talent that I've always had

Cute as a button
She is.

4 Comments:

At 8:39 PM, Blogger Marisa said...

My son used to ask if his sister was finished cooking in my belly.

And he asks for the 'Puppet' song by the Black Eyed Peas (they are actually saying, Pump It). :-)

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Rumour Miller said...

Those are some precious conversations.

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Nothing quite as cute a comments from our little ones. You very smart two year old is a funny girl, just like her mommy.

Nice that you are writing them here Bonn. Saved for years later to look back on.

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Playground In My Mind said...

I smiled the whole time that I was reading. I love children. Renee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home