JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Thursday, December 29, 2005

winding down the year

..and it HAS been a busy one!
(Although next year will be moreso, I know)

Hub has to work New Years Weekend
That's the way it goes
Off Christmas, work New Years
Work Christmas, off New Years
Been like that for as long
As I can remember
He IS a Director
You would think that he could
Be off whenever he wants
No such luck in his industry
Ah well
That's how I get to stay home
And not miss the special moments...

Anyhoo
Christmas was fun
Except my very smart 2 year old
Got WAY WAY WAY
Too many toys
Out of control, really.
But she had a ball

She couldn't believe that Santa
Actually came INTO our house
And ate almost all of the cupcake
She left for him

My favourite gifts?
Hub got me two outfits
From a maternity store
That actually came with
Matching newborn outfits
So freakin' cute
Nothing too corny
Just a little navy fleece sweatsuit
(One for me, one for baby)
And a red winter dressy sweater
(One for me, simple red cardigan for baby)

We're off to the city tomorrow afternoon
To catch 'Disney on Ice: Monsters Inc'
My very smart 2 year old is pumped
Because NOBODY is funnier than Mike and Sully
To her

But then, New Years weekend
(Eve, Day and the day after)
It's just her and I

Maybe we'll get some more snow
Get her toboggan out again
(It's been raining lately...blech)

At least I get to spend
New Years
With at least ONE of my favourite people...

Happy New Year Everyone....:)

6 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Blogger Rumour Miller said...

Happy New Year Bon!

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Marisa said...

Happy New Year!

I have to remind myself how lucky I am to be able to stay home with my kids whenever the hubby has to work alot.

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

Glad to hear Christmas was fun by all.

Have fun at the ice-show and a Very Happy and healthy New Year!

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, the outfits came with matching newborn outfits? That is just too adorable!! Gotta love that.

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

You are having a great time huh Bonn???

I remember buying way too many toys for the girls and I promised not to do it the next year, but did. This year, too many clothes from Abercrombie. Too many Anime DVD's and games for the other. Also, I used to wrap each and every gift, but to make it look like less, I now wrap four clothing items in one box!!

Happy New Year to you and your family Bonn. Have a great Eve with your very smart two year old!

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Happy New Year !
hope it is everything
you wish for and more :)
hugs,
Karen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home