JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Friday, January 27, 2006

effing ridiculous

As you all know
(As loyal readers of my blog :) )
We've had to revert back to the olden days
In terms of internet use
Here in our new
Humble abode

So far, it isn't too, too bad.

Until today.

See, today I finally loaded the software
For my digital camera
So I can start downloading pictures again
And uploading them
To sites where I send them to develop them

Mostly because I'm too lazy to
Stand at a machine at a store
And go through them all there

Sigggghhhhhhh.

I have 58 pictures to send in
I clicked "SEND" at 2:50pm
It is now 3:49pm
And the little "uploading" thingy
Is still bouncing
Back and forth
Back and forth
Back and forth

I have managed to take a shower
(We swam this morning,
So I have a late shower on Fridays)
Put in a load of laundry
Change THAT load to the dryer
And put in ANOTHER load
Blowdry my hair
Change
Make a cup of tea
And sit here and watch the Y&R
While the effing thing is still
Bouncing away.

And it STILL isn't done!!
And NOR does it tell me
What percentage is left

I have to start a petition or something
We have to get highspeed out here
SOON

Or else I have to get my butt in the store
And do the picture thing there

Nah
I'm too lazy.

4 Comments:

At 3:52 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

One of my faults is to procrastinate..Sometime " this year" I hope to get highspeed.

Goodluck.

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

You must get high speed! Start the petition Bonn!

You could print them yourself you know???

Have a great weekend.

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Rumour Miller said...

OMG the pain of dial up! I can't even imagine... LOL How spoiled we get.

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Just Jan said...

you poor dear....I remember the sad years of having dial-up...thank goodness I have DSL..I'd go nuts and computerless without it....good luck on your petition drive and if you haven't started it yet....do so quickly...lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home