JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Sunday, November 20, 2005

breathe

I feel like I haven't
Been around in weeks
But I see it's only been 5 days
So that's not so bad
Considering

See, we're still showing our house
And the showings have been numerous
Sometimes 2 or 3 a day
For the entire week
No joke

How effing disruptive
Is that?

Had a few offers
Some we couldn't do for simple
Reasons
(Conditional on sale of another, etc)
Some were just downright
Insulting

Why is this so hard?
We don't live in a dump
Our house is gorgeous
If you ask me

I guess it's just the luck
Of the draw
It's just who happens
to walk through your house
I suppose

Something had better happen soon
Because I have a TON of shit to
Do

We move in 10 days

Plus I need some room
To breathe, too.

7 Comments:

At 5:45 AM, Blogger Just Jan said...

I don't envy you with this at all. That has to be tough having people walking through your house day in and out shopping. Hope you sell it soon so you can "breathe" easier.

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Sorry things are taking so long. It is a pain in the arse to sell a home. Those lookey loos are pesky but necessary and it only takes one!

It might just be the time of year that is making your gorgeous home take time to sell. It will catch somebody's eye. Just hang in there Bonn.

Breathe....

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Heidi said...

Wow that's a bummer..Sorry it's taking so long. Maybe when u least expect it something will happen. Crossing fingers for ya..Goodluck. :)

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger SassyFemme said...

In a few months we'll be putting our house on the market. I don't look forward to the showings and keeping it show-perfect!

Hope something comes along for yours very soon!

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger lightfeather said...

The perfect person will come in and it will be the perfect house. Just for them. I know it will end up perfectly. The universe just has a way of making that happen.

Love to you,
Lighty

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

bbsgirl, I second what you said. It is really hard to have people, complete strangers, walk through your home and dissect your life...I mean, your home is a personal, comfortable place and to have to try to sell that feeling to strangers is definitely a hard one. I hope it gets a little easier for you Bonn. I know it will and you will get what you deserve for your home.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I have only owned the house we are in so I have never had to go through this but speaking from the other side of it, while we were looking at houses it always made me uncomfortable looking around people's homes -- kinda felt like I was invading someones personal space and never was ok with that feeling. I was so relieved when we found a house and eventually got it. I dread ever having to sell this home. ugh.
extra hugs,
Karen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home