JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

puff puff

So, remember I told you
About my neighbour
Next door
Who was pregnant out to here
With a big 'ole smoke
Hanging outta her mouth?

Well, she had her baby
On Sunday
A little girl
They named her Jade

Congrats to them
A new baby is such a
Wonderful thing
Even when you can't put your
Smokes down
Or your coffee
Or your dog bites my kid

I'm still happy for them

And sad at the same time
As I just see her drive up
Newborn Jade in the backseat
Strapped safely in her carrier

But not so safe
From the smoke
Her mama is blowing on the inside
Of the car
With the window just cracked an inch

I think that even makes me
MORE mad
Than it filling up her
WOMB
With the shit
For the last 9 months

Give the poor baby girl a
Break
For cripes sake.

I apologize
I had to rant.

5 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Blogger Rumour Miller said...

Some people just don't get it.

 
At 4:43 AM, Blogger Just Jan said...

I'll rant right with you. That angers me soooo much that people don't care enough about another's health especially your newborn's to put that cigarette out till you can walk away from them!!

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

I agree, that is very sad Bonn.

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, that sucks. Put your kid first.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Karen said...

speaking from a smokers perspective I have to say that this woman is just an idiot.
all the smokers I know would never in this day and age do what she is doing. they would wait until they could go somewhere away from the child to have a smoke. it isn't rocket science for goodness sakes !it is so sad.
hugs,
Karen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home