JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Sunday, October 30, 2005

circa 1987

It's funny the things
You come across
While packing

This is my prom picture
A group of us went "stag"
No boys, no drama
But who were we kidding
There was always drama

This is myself and my best friend
(Still to this day)
Geez, I must have used an entire can
Of Alberta V0-5 hairspray that night
And the pearls make me smirk, too

I've only worn pearls twice
This night
And with my wedding gown

Anyway
I remember being particularly
Proud of my tan that year
Not so proud now, though
As I count more wrinkles than I should
At 37

So
Chuckle away
Make fun
It deserves it....

4 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Blogger Just Jan said...

No chuckling here Bonny...I love that picture. You looked like you were having the time of your life.

I love it when people share old photos...wish I had a scanner then I could share some of mine...maybe Santa will bring me one...LOL

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

You did look like you were happy with your pearls on and your big hair. Cool that you are still best friends with your high school girl friend too!

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

Your hair is not poofy at all! I think u look great.

I've seen worse, just this weekend..A woman must have used 5 bottles of extra firm hairspray..I could smell it as she walked by..her hair made her look 10 inches taller, it was teased so much...oye!

 
At 3:56 AM, Blogger Karen said...

I think you look adorable !
very cool that you and your friend are still best friends.
I met my best friend when we were 13 and in junior high school--
almost 31 years ago :)
hugs,
Karen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home