JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Friday, October 28, 2005

Pumpkin Thieves

Yeah, that's right.
The title says it all...

We head outside this morning
All set for my very smart 2 year old's
Preschool Hallowe'en Party..

"Where pumpkins, Mommy?"

Effin' fantastic.

Somebody stole her 2 effin' pumpkins
Right off our front step.

Who would effin' do that?!?!

They weren't "Jack-o-lantern'ed" yet
They weren't the best pumpkins
I've ever seen
They were just round
And orange
But, they were hers.

I look around
All my neighbours still have
THEIR pumpkins on their step
But trust me, I was looking closely
As if I'd be able to spot ours
Or something

"Where they go, Mommy?"

Somebody took them, honey.

"Why take them?"

'Cuz they're dumb stealers

LOL..that was the only response
I could think of

DAMN, I was mad!

So, out we go tomorrow
Back to the pumpkin farm
To pick some new ones

But I'm locking these ones in the garage
Until Monday

Along with the awesome scarecrow
I have in the front
Wonder why they didn't take that

I also wonder why my
Super watchdog Lab
Didn't hear or see anything..

Oh yeah, he was asleep in my room.
'Atta boy.

4 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger Pirate said...

I snuck up on these types years ago and let my dog chase them for several blocks before I called him off.

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Just Jan said...

that sucks!!!

maybe this time you'll find even better pumpkins than before. I hate it when people are mean like that.

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

That sucks is right! But, on the bright side, they didn't smash them in front of your house Bonn!

 
At 3:47 AM, Blogger Karen said...

there always has to be a few bad apples in the bunch.
we had an overage of pumpkins this year--I usually wait until right before Halloween to get one and sometimes everyone is sold out.
not this year ! there are tons of them !

hugs,
Karen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home