JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

october????

Today
It's 30 degrees celcius
(86 or so for my US friends)

It's effing Canada
In effing October
And it's effing
Hot and humid
And smoggy
(oh joy)

The trees have all turned
As its cool at night
Yellows
And oranges
And my favourite
Red (from the maples)

But we can't go out to enjoy it
Or walk through them
Because it's too effing hot

Oh yeah,
It's Thanksgiving this weekend here
Turkey on the Barbie
Doesn't sound right to me

I've decided that I never
Want to live anywhere
That the seasons don't change

It's boring
I like my summer to go from June to September
Fall from October to November
Winter from December to March
And Spring from April to May

It just doesn't feel right
When you're putting your Halloween stuff up
In your shorts and tanks

Nope
Not right at all.

3 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, Blogger Rumour Miller said...

It's effing snowing here! LOL. Seriously though, Winter Storm Warning...

 
At 3:18 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

We are baking here too Bonn. But, it is pretty normal here in the fall. Crunchy leaves are blowing all around because of the winds. It is three in the morning and we are down to 76 degrees! It is going to bake today as well, but supposed to be better by tomorrow!

I love the fall colors. I love fall. We can never wear the fall fashions in the fall here either! Too hot. Our leaves are brown and ugly. We do have some trees that turn colors, but nothing like you get...

Hope it cools down for your Thanksgiving!

 
At 6:02 AM, Blogger Heidi said...

^5 Bonn..This is f/n crazy weather here. I put away all my summer clothes last weekend. The last 2 nights I had to take out the fan..This weekend it will cool off.

soon we'll be complaining about the freezing rain and snow..lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home