JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Sunday, October 02, 2005

better than a mousepad

All is good here
Thanks for the comments
Just dealing with a cold at the moment
One for me
And one for my very smart 2 year old

Nothing serious
Just the sniffles
And sneezing
And blah's

Also had to get Hub ready
He headed to Chicago today
For 4 days
For a conference
You know how men need help
Packing...

So..back to my title

My best friend since highschool
Is a lighting designer
Broadway, operas, travelling companies, etc
I tell her that Hub and I are heading
To NYC in 12 more days
Told her that I am very excited
To see Fiddler

So, in the meantime
She puts a call in to one of
Her 'cronies'
Who apparently always knows
WHO is working on WHAT show
On the Great White Way

Turns out this guy
Is working Fiddler himself

What does he do?
Because he is a such a good pal
Of my pal
He puts mine and Hub's name
On the guest list for the night
That we're seeing the show

What does that mean exactly??

It means a backstage tour (cool)
Which I think could POSSIBLY
Include a Rosie sighting

What do you think?
I'm crossing my fingers, anyway...

I think I'm already closer to a
Rosie sighting
Than a Rosie mousepad

And I think that IF I get the chance
To say anything to her
I'll be opening with
"This is definitely better
than my missing mousepad"...

Think that'll get a chuckle?
I do :)

6 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

Bonny and smart 2 yr old hope you feel better soon...I'm in the beginning stages of a cold myself..This friggen warm weather were having in Oct it's crazy..lol

"It means a backstage tour (cool)
Which I think could POSSIBLY
Include a Rosie sighting"

"What do you think?"

I think that is AWESOME! Did u luck out or what..I'm very happy for you, how exciting. Looking forward when u blog about it all ;)

Thanx for your comment with the Fiddler contest..I'm all done and ready to hit " send" tomorrow.

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Rumour Miller said...

Hope you shake the colds and get to see or better yet talk to ROSIE. I am so green! That is effing cool.

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Just Jan said...

this is exciting....can I tag along in your luggage somewhere??...hehehe.

hope you and your very smart 2 yr old feel better soon.

 
At 5:29 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

You may get to see Rosie and while that is exciting and all, you get to see all the fall colors too! It should be very beautiful and romantic!

I love your opening line! She will like that. Funny people like other funny people....

I hope you and the hub have a great time Bonn!

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Karen said...

hope you both feel better soon.
that is way cool about Fiddler !
the comment about the mousepad would be hilarious !
if you meet her you should say it !
hugs,
Karen

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Definitely. You will get a chuckle out of that one! And you're right, it would be better than a missing mousepad! I am missing mine still, too! WHO got theirs? LMAO!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home