JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

ouch

My daughter is such a friendly soul.

Everyday, we go outside and everyday
She spots our neighbour on her steps
And she walks over saying "Hi Grace"

I am right behind her though
Carefully watching her climb those
Sharp stone steps to get closer to
REALLY say hi.

This time, she's met with a set of dog teeth.

Their puny little Yorkshire Terrier
Oddly enough, name Puny
Jumps on my daughters legs and gives her
A little nip.

The tears are flowing
I bend down to pick her up and carry her home

All the while, Grace says nothing.

We go into the house,
I calm her down, clean her up
Waiting for the Grace to be at the door
Knocking to see if she's ok.
Nope. Not gonna happen.

Now I'm mad.

I carry her back out, crying a little still.
There she still sits
Pregnant and smoking.
Stupid-ass dog at her side.
I holler over
"Does Puny have all her shots because she broke her skin"

"Yes, she does....sorry"

Sorry.
Sorry?!?!?!?

An hour or two later we go back outside
And I have to pass her and the stupid ass dog
(on a LEASH this time)
To get to her little friends house.

And here is how the 'discussion' went:

G: Hi..are you okay now? (She says to my daughter)
Me: She's ok, but maybe you should keep Puny on a leash if you don't know how she will react.
G: She always on a leash.
Me: Uh, no she isn't.
G: SHE came to me.
Me: She's TWO, Grace. You KNOW she says hi to you everyday and always wants to come and say hi. If you were worried that the dog may not like it, maybe you should have told her her to stop and not come up today or grabbed the dog or something...
G: Maybe you should have been watching her.

(NOW I'm ready to punch her)

Me: Oh come on...you KNOW I'm right behind her ALL the time. You have to be on this street with the traffic and everything.
G: Well I said sorry, what else do you want me to do?
Me: I want you to keep te dog on a leash.

Grace shakes her head and lights up another smoke.
Yeah, that's it, light it up, baby...

So there you have it.
My very smart & friendly 2 year old is ok, though.

Good thing we're moving, I guess...

7 Comments:

At 5:26 AM, Blogger Just Jan said...

so sorry that your very smart 2 yr old had to be subject to an agressive dog and a "bitch" for a neighbor. Atleast if she would have come over to my porch..my pitbull would have greeted her with a face washing with his tongue...never his teeth!!. I'm glad your moving away from this neighbor too.

Good luck with your new neighbors.

How was your weekend away?..Hope you all had a great time.

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

After Grace has her baby, Puny will be on the outside looking in. Doubtful she will allow Puny to play with the new baby. First nip out of her baby and the pup could be drop kicked to the street. And Puny is sure to be jealous of the new baby and all the attention it gets. I would worry about that. Good thing you are moving.
Sorry your daughter got nipped though.

So Bonn, no Target news????

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger BonnyT said...

Weekend away was great...tiring though. Bought the stores out..:D

This incident put a damper on our weekend away, as it happened just before we left and I hadn't written about it yet, that's all...

Hub was sorry he wasn't home, Nance, or else he said Puny would have been drop-kicked across the street already...

We have always had a saying though for little rat-dogs....it's not a real dog if you can flush it...;)

(I apologize to all the small-dog-owners....but right now I dislike most small dogs_

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Rumour Miller said...

I'd like to drop kick her!

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger Just Jan said...

it's not a real dog if you can flush it...;)....lmao..that's a good one!

 
At 4:49 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Grace needs a smack in the head !
it's not her dog's fault.
If he had been on a leash it would have never happened.
dogs feel the need to protect their owner and home, it is their instinct to do so.
she needs to take responsibility and make sure that her dog doesn't go after people.
sorry your very smart 2 yr old got bitten. I'm glad she is ok but it still sucks ! give her a hug from me. I can't believe that woman didn't get upset and come running to make sure she was ok. wow, she will make a good Mom, huh?

hugs from,
Karen and her rainbow mohawk
toy poodle Woody !
(he's pouting at the flushing comment LOL)

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger zbjernak said...

she is pregnant and still smoking?

pity your daughter...thank god is a miniature dog..else...couldnt imagine it....

since u r moving...no point to argue with grace....let her be wht she wants...
she is rude and ignorance

 

Post a Comment

<< Home