JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

big-girl bed

Yes, the time has come.

My very smart 2 year old
Is, at this very moment
Napping in a 'big-girl bed'

She was never one to
Crawl out of her crib
She's just a restless sleeper
That was banging the sides
All night long
As she tossed and turned

The crib has now been moved
Into another spareroom
Still within reach
If things don't work out

But I think they will.

She was fine in it last night
I was the one who was up and
In there peeking about 10 times

It was a little emotional
As we moved the crib out
But Hub said
'It will be up in the new house
In a few months'

He's right
But it's still a bittersweet moment

In other news...
Nausea is subsiding a tad
My belly has grown overnight, it seems
Already trying to only sleep
On my left side
(Most nutrients and bloodflow go
to the baby that way)
Although I favour my right
I cheat a few times at night
But I'm being pretty good

First baby-doc appointment is tomorrow
As is the first day of pre-school
For my very smart 2 year old
Busy day
Same Doc as last time
I feel like an old pro now...

My latest addiction??
Grilled cheese sandwiches
In fact, I just downed 2 of them
About 15 minutes ago :D

Could be the reason for the belly growth
Couldn't it??

7 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Blogger Rumour Miller said...

I had heard that about the left side but wasn't sure why. I favour my right too. GL with your appointment tomorrow. I have my second one today.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger BonnyT said...

Glad that my explanation could ruin your night's sleep, too, Rumour ;) LOL

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

I'm glad your feeling better Bonny..And goodluck ur at Dr's appt tomorrow.

When u mentioned your latest craving of grilled cheese I was waiting for a "and"...Like pickles or bananas inside of it?...Oye I hope that didn't make u nauseaus :X

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Karen said...

oh my...
I remember the big girl bed day.
it's tougher on Mommy than daughter I think--the whole "oh my gosh, she is not a baby anymore" feeling. it just flies by, huh?

ok, and I want you to know that now I am craving grilled cheese !
I was going to make chicken for dinner but I think I have changed my mind now :)

good luck at your appt and take care.

hugs,
Karen

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger zbjernak said...

hahahahaha at least u crave for something you could prepare...

if tht is something from other state or somthing u couldnt make...tht will b a bummer...

grill cheese....i think i like deep fried cheese...

cheers and hav a great day

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

LOL! Zbjernak is here...I just love him. He is so funny. And he takes beautiful photos.

Glad you are feeling a tad better in the nausea department Bonn. You really know you are preggers when that happens.

I loved when we put the girls in beds. Although we bought them each the little cottage beds when each were ready, then we had to get rid of them when they got to big. Better just to go straight to a twin, in my opinion! But, that's just me.

Since I am late getting here, how was the doctor appt???

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You are a pro in a way aren't you now? LOL That's great. I wonder if you will end up enjoying it more the second time around?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home