JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

hello, in there

So, both myself
And my very smart 2 year old
Are being lazy asses
This afternoon

We were out and about all morning
Preschool and such
Back home to have lunch and chill

Except she wasn't chilling
The one day mommy has a headache
And is looking forward to REALLY
Napping while she naps
And she sleeps for all of 35 minutes

Woopdidooda

So I crawl in her bed
And we chill together

She proceeds to ask where Daddy is
At work, I tell her
Where is Grandma
At home, I tell her
Where is my baby sister or brother
In mommy's belly, I tell her

She whips up my shirt
Rubs my belly nicely

"Hi baby brother or sister
I'm your big sister
I can't wait to see you
Gonna teach you songs
Gonna watch Shrek with you
Gonna hold you and gonna love you
Bye"

All this is said directly
Into my belly button

At least now we know
We have a direct line right to he or she

That's good to know :)

7 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Blogger Just Jan said...

so precious...those are the most special of moments.

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Rumour Miller said...

So sweet.

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

So, did your headache go away with all the curious questions? LOL
Gotta love it. One of those laws, when you really need a nap, she doesn't! But, you got to have a lovely conversation and you have now documented it.
Blogging is a great way to remember all these things. You can print them and put them in her baby book Bonn. I wish I had this when mine were so little. I have written down a few things, but not like blogging whole conversations! Love it!

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Rumour Miller said...

I miss you... hope all is well.

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Where are you?????

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Karen said...

so so sweet :)
what a precious moment.
hugs,
Karen

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

WOW! How adorable!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home