JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Thursday, September 22, 2005

the floor

Yep.

That's where I found
My very, smart 2 year old
Yesterday morning.

The 'big girl bed' thing
Has been going quite well

Sure, I hear the odd BANG
As she rolls over and hits the wall
No harm done

Sure, I peek in and see her face
Plastered against the mesh part
Of the baby safety rail
On the side
No harm done

But, yesterday morning
I go in to wake her up for preschool
And she has vanished from her bed

Where do I find her?

At the foot of the bed
Curled up
On the floor

Sound asleep

Turns out we needed a safety rail
At the foot of the bed, too.

The bed is only a foot off the ground..

No harm done...
Except my broken heart seeing her
Curled up on the floor...

Awww...

4 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Blogger Rumour Miller said...

so very sweet. don't worry mamma, a dora bandaid will fix it.

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Awww poor girl. that is so cute though.

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

I used to be like that even with the little beds. And when they were crusing the coffee table before they could walk, I was always afraid of them falling on their padded butts! They survived. It is still scary for mommy.

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger Just Jan said...

I invested in some cheap throw pillows and lined the floor with them at night around the kid's beds till they got older and stopped rolling around so much. That seemed to work pretty good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home