JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Saturday, October 08, 2005

a discovery

So I get energetic this afternoon
And start going through my
DVD's and CD's
Packing them up

And I've made a discovery
Just based on my CD collection

I'm a big 'ole lesbian.

It's true.

I do have quite a mix of music
But I have COMPLETE CD collections
Of the following:

Melissa Etheridge (even bootlegs)

k.d. lang
(even ones where she makes "appearances"
like the soundtrack to "Anywhere But Here"
Who's heard of that movie, anyway?!?!)

The Indigo Girls
(that's gotta be a sure-fire sign,
as they aren't quite as mainstream
as the above 2)

Others?

Sophie B. Hawkins, Melissa Ferrick, M'shell N'gedecello, Ani Difranco, Carole Pope...


Haven't heard of some of these?
Well, it's cuz you're not a lesbian
Like me.

Oh yeah
Not to mention I have 3 volumes
Of 3 different Lilith Fair Soundtracks
(2 of which I ATTENDED, by the way)

Oh well
What can I say
I guess I just dig chicks
Who can sing

Can that be it?

;)

2 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Blogger Karen said...

ok then...
I am curious if you love Bonnie Raitt too?
she is my all time fave :)

hugs,
Karen

 
At 6:50 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

What a cutie pie and nice shot of your very smart two year old.
I like woman singers too, I like to sing along. I like men singers too. You think that makes me Bi? Oh, it is just the music.
I just got Bonnie Raitt's new cd for my birthday and I love her!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home