JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Thursday, September 08, 2005

chips

Mmmm
At this moment
I am pigging out on
Dill pickle chips

I know, I know
Most of my non-Canadian
Stranger friends
Are cringing at the moment

As last I heard
That was a flavour not available
In the US still
Although I may be wrong

But it is my favourite

And, actually, to be perfectly honest
And I mean this in the NICEST way
As I love the good 'ole US of A
And with NO disrespect to anyone, but...

You people need some help
On how to make a potato chip

Sorry.

I don't know what it is
You have the salt
You have the crispiness

But yours lack the
FLAVOUR PUNCH
That ours have..

It's true!

So, next time you find yourself
In the Great White North
In the land of maple leafs
And maple syrup
Make sure you have "chips"
Jotted down on your list

You won't be disappointed

We make a dill pickle chip
Or a salt & vinegar chip
Or a smoky bacon chip
Or an all-dressed chip
Like it's NOBODY'S BUSINESS!

Trust me
(said the pregnant woman as she stuffed
a handful of chips in her mouth)

Trust me. :D

3 Comments:

At 9:26 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Hey Bonn, if our chips got any better, I couldn't stand it! So have all the better ones you can! LOL

I love dill on my salmon and in dip! I make a great dill dip!

 
At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry but we do have those chips in the USA. Dill Pickle chips are easy to come by in fact!

 
At 4:48 AM, Blogger Karen said...

I am glad--I don't need any yummy chips tempting me :)
but I will try yours if I ever make it to Canada--they do sound good !

hugs,
Karen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home