JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Saturday, June 25, 2005

To My Teachers..

This time of year gets me thinking about school.
And how I miss it.
Yes, I'm an almost 37-year old (this coming Wednesday, in case you wanted to send gifts ;) but please, ask for the mail service that Rosie DIDN'T use..;) )
Who still misses school.
My Hub thinks I'm a geek because I loved school.
What is not to love about it?

And it's true
The teachers make or break you
When it comes to your opinions on school

So I started thinking about
My favourites
My not-so-favourites
The weird ones
The hot ones
A few have definitely come to mind
And others, not so much

ONES THAT I DON"T REMEMBER A THING ABOUT EXCEPT MAYBE THEIR NAME & HAIR COLOUR
Mrs Carson - Grade 1 and 2 - blond
Mr Trollope - Grade 3 - looked like Captain Stubing
The Broad I Had for Highschool Math - Speak Up! No wonder I flunked Grade 10 math! ;)

THE HOT ONES
Mr DeAngelis - Highschool History (very yummy, except dressed alike with his wife)
Mr Weir - Highschool Math & Business(looked like Ted Danson, without the gaudy toupe)
Ms Gale - Highschool Business (hey..it was a time to keep your mind open...;) )
Mrs Mortimer (same reason as above..lol)

THE WEIRD ONES
Madame Kater - Highschool French (looked like a witch or a drag queen)
Mr Braby - Grade 7 Science (had the biggest eyeglasses I've ever seen)
Mr Clapperton - Highschool Geography (always hugged the girls little too tight)
Mr Armstrong - Highschool Science (Hi, this is Woodstock calling, we'd like our clothes back...)

MY NOT-SO-FAVOURITES
Mrs Desmond - Grade 8 EVERYTHING (mean as the dickens!)
Mrs Creptyk - Grade 7 & 8 music (voice was annoying as hell)

And now
For my favourites
Who, in some way, big or small
Had a direct hand in helping me become
The person that I have become

MY FAVOURITES

Ms Zeman - Grade 4 and Grade 6 - just an all 'round wonderful lady, she was the first one to set my odd sense of humour free!

and last, but certainly not least...

Ms Pruszonowski (Ms P, for short, Highschool English and Drama) - Bette Midler re-incarnated, warm, funny, caring, patient,went over and above what the word "teacher" entails, a stupendous educator
And Most of all
Still a very good friend today.

Thank you.
You all rock...even the mean ones...because we all know it's just an act ;)

1 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Raising hand...I hated school! Not til high school. But I hated it then. The clicks of students. The race wars. The white chicks getting beat up by the chicanos for using the bathroom when they were there. Ah, those were the years, that I hated.

There were some good teachers. Classes to big to get to know them all.

I am glad you had a good school career though! I can see you as a teacher's pet or worst nightmare! LOL

Especially once your odd sense of humor was let free! I love odd senses of humor. I suppose because mine is one as well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home