JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Friday, June 24, 2005

is it too much to ask?

I'm a recluse today.

I have a cough.
I'm tired.
It's about 3000 degrees outside.
My very smart two-year-old is napping
So I'm taking advantage and playing online.

Our office is on the second floor
And looks out to the front of the house.
It's garbage day.
I frikken LOVE garbage day.

Dunno exactly why
It's a 'cleansing' thing, I think.

Now,I know these guys have a monontonous job
I know their backs must hurt
and I know it's 3000 degrees outside
On days like this I often run out with
Bottled water or cokes for the guys...
(Not today though, as I'm a recluse)

But..
Is it too much to ask
To toss my big Rubbermaid garbage bins
On the lawn
And not toss them on the road?
(Especially when there's a wind?)

So here I sit
The recluse that LOVES garbage day
Staring blankly out the front window
Watching my Rubbermaid garbage bins
Roll all over the street

(I especially like when cars
Have to dodge them :D )

Do you think its because
It's 3000 degrees outside
and I didn't bring them any beverages?

Betcha it is.

AnyHOW, I suppose I should peel my ass
Off of this chair and go and fetch them
And make sure there is cold water and Coke
In the fridge
Ready for the Recycling dudes....

2 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

Hope you feel better tomorrow and it cools off.

"Do you think its because
It's 3000 degrees outside
and I didn't bring them any beverages?

Betcha it is"

Too funny..I'm paranoid and I would think the same thing..lol

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Okay Bonn, do the trash dudes usually put the cans back on the sidewalk? Or did the wind blow them there for your pleasure, so you could watch dodgecars.

Did you take beverages for the recycling dudes and did you take the cans out of the road, thus ending the dodgecar game? LMAO

I have heard of dodgeball, but you have taught me a new game today! Our trash dudes come three times, once for trash, once for green waste and once for recycling and I have never offered them a beverage. Now I feel bad. LOL

Our street is so small only one car at a time can go by and if the trash dudes cannot get by, they will honk until somebody moves the intrusive parked car. The don't get out of the trucks and the trucks automatically pick up and dump the cans! Still, it is a disgusting job and they are well paid!

I like trash day too. Purging is a good thing. Bye bye leftovers and anything close to the expiration date! And you have empty cans for a day or so! It's all good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home