JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Friday, June 17, 2005

Walking the Plank

We're finally making it to Montreal to visit Hub's family this weekend.
We've been trying to make it happen for weeks.

So we're heading east first thing tomorrow morning.
Until Monday.
(Hope you don't all miss me too much ;) )

But, before we do that
I have to get through my Crazy Friday first

Remember that floor problem I mentioned a couple of weeks ago?
Well, they begin work on that today.
Floor-Guy will be here at 730 this morning
To begin ripping out the old floor
So, once that floor is ripped up
We cannot walk in the main hallway

The main hallway connects to the
Front Door
Downstairs washroom
The stairs going up
Laundry room
Front closet
Living room
Kitchen

We'll build you a 'plank',he says
So you can get upstairs
Just what my 2-year-old needs
A friggen PLANK
Not to mention just what my
10 year old, arthritic yellow Lab needs
(Reason why I took him to the kennel last night)

So, I have to balance on this 'plank' to:
Pack to go away
Carry my daughter upstairs to nap
(good luck with the sound of them tearing up ceramic tile)
And...PEE!!!

What do I have to accomplish BEFORE this plank is set up
(In about 20 minutes, by the way)
Shower, get dressed, get my daughter up, get her ready for swimming lessons, pack her swimming bag, eat breakfast, collect the garbage and put it by the curb, fold the last load that is in the dryer, carry that load up the stairs while it is still 'plank-less'...

Geez...if we ALWAYS had a plank to walk
Imagine how much stuff we'd get done?

(Have a great weekend everyone. Blog ya when I get back..
Au revoir!)

4 Comments:

At 4:12 AM, Blogger Just Jan said...

1st thing that came to my mind was the movie "money pit" with Tom Hans and Shelly Long...just picturing the whole "plank" thing with you trying to get all that accomplished...good luck.

Have a fun and safe trip.

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Cindy said...

lol Jan, I thought that too.

Have a great trip, sounds like you could use the break!

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Heidi said...

It's going to be raining here all day in Montreal...Feels like fall...Tomorrow and Sunday the sun will come out..Have a great time ..Fill up on your Favs :)

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Geez, you NEED to go away this weekend. Hope you have a great time.
And, of course we will miss you!
BTW, let us know Monday, just how much you got accomplished in the twenty minutes before the floor dudes showed up! LMAO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home