JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Monkey See, Monkey Do

Yes, we're at that stage.
Everything that
Mommy says
Or
Everything that
Mommy does
Is replicated

I used to HATE that game as a kid
But it's kind of cute having my own
Little Mini Me
Doing it now

The trouble is
I say exactly what I want to say
When I want to say it
Sometimes without thinking first
A trait I was hoping
NOT to pass on to my offspring

So, the kids outside were screaming last night
At the top of their lungs
I peek out to see
Who the hell was screaming
Not fun kid screaming
Annoying screaming
So I see it's this kid
Madison
I come back to the dinner table and my very smart 2 year old asks
"Who sceaming, mommy?"
I say "Madison is. She's weird"
(Not thinking anything of it)

We trek outside
To join the screaming posse
My daughter calls one of them by another name
"I'm not Amder, I'm Madison"

"You weird" says my very smart 2 year old.

GULP.

"What did she say" the weird one asks me.
"I think she said that you're neat"
"Awww...you're neat too!"
She says to my very smart 2 year old.

Whew! Safe!

She's mumbled "shit" and "ass" before
We react, she laughs
Then says "bad word...daddy says those"
(LOL)
But this is the first time
She's repeated something we've said about someone else.

Gotta watch that.

5 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

LMAO, been there, done that!
Even things we didn't say, just things that popped into their heads!
We went out to eat after playing tennis one evening and there were two cute couples, eating before the prom.
My youngest, probably two or three, said, "I didn't know black people laughed!" We were shocked at this and shushed her. Then had a very long talk.
Gotta watch yourself Bonn...They will use the bad language at really inappropriate times! And don't talk about the damn neighbors! GEEZ. LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Weird is not too bad!

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger lightfeather said...

I love it! I absolutely love it!

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger Cindy said...

Yes, there comes a time when you have to actually think before you speak. They suck everything in like sponges, and know exactly when to squeeze it out!
I spent most of Anthony's early childhood years with my face in my shirt, so he couldn't see me laugh. You really have to be careful!

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

What funny thing did did your sweet pea say today? LOL

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Rumour Miller said...

Ah ya, just like those tv commercials. ha ha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home