JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Friday, June 24, 2005

I just thought of something

Survivor.
The Amazing Race.

2 of my most FAVOURITE shows

Neither of them
Have touched down in my fair country

(You must thank Heidi for this rant, with her "Martha doesn't want Canuckies" post)

Why is Survivor ALWAYS in a tropical country?
Isn't it harder to survive in the mountains
In 50 below weather
In a blizzard?
Nevermind spearing a little tropical water snake
Or a frikken chicken in a cage that THEY give you
For winning a three-legged race.
That doesn't make you the hero of the tribe
Spear yourself an elk, or a buffalo, or a caribou
While your hands are numb and blue from frostbite
Then you can start eating your Hero Biscuits

Ohhhh...I get it.
Then the chicks wouldn't be able to
Wear their string bikinis
And show off their $10,000 boob jobs
In a turtleneck and ski jacket
And the hot young fellas
Would have to trade in their loincloths
For parkas....

And The Amazing Race
"Race around the world" the intro says
No it ain't.
It's a race through the US (of course) Austria, Holland, Germany, India, Pakistan, Turkey, Madagascar, China, Thailand, Zambia, Tunisia, Italy, France, South Africa, New Zealand, Holland, Great Britain....
Even GUAM, for cripe's sake!
(Target doesn't deliver to Guam EITHER, remember...
So in my mind, Canada and Guam should stick together
Or go hand in hand whenever geographical rules are implemented!)
Why not a pit stop in Toronto
Or Vancouver
Or Montreal?

What is up with that?
Nevermind that...

WHAT is wrong with me???
LOL!!

4 Comments:

At 3:04 AM, Blogger Cindy said...

Very interesting questions, perhaps you should write to the producers and find some answers.
Nothing wrong with you at all, inquiring minds, need to know!

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger Heidi said...

Sorry about your rant..Blame me..oops..I'm meant Canada...lol

I heard when Donald Trump was in Toronto last month he did mention there could be a possibility of a Canadian joining the Apprentice..So we do have some hope...But I doubt it.

Entering Contests, winning trips and prizes..Yes were always left out..Quebec even more..For instance , on Regis and Kelli Canadians are eligible for prizes and trips. " exluding " Quebec..Even contests and giveaways from Canada..The majority are excluding Quebec because of the friggen gst/pst taxes/law...Shoot! now u got me in a rant..ugh
..I need to marry an Amercian and move to the states..Plus they have Tivo..That's my plan ..lol
J-Date USA ..Here I come ;)

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

So right Bonn. What would either of those shows be without bikinis showing off perectly fake breasts?
This can be a rant in itself. You should see what it is like here. Breasts out to here and faces up to here and chicklet white teeth. Plastic, nips, lifts and tucks galore!
But the dudes don't seem to care....I often wonder feel sorry for their poor backs. From backpacks to megatits with unsupporting bras! Cuz, they don't need support. Those perfectly fake breasts can stand alone!

Okay, that was fun. LMAO

I would love to see Canada take on Survivor. Or vice versa. I have never seen Amazing Race, but if you want it there, then I hope it gets there! Hey, you should be on one of them!

I liked your rant. I don't think there is anything wrong with you! LOL

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger Rumour Miller said...

Amazing Race came to Canada! It really did. I can't remember which one it was but near the end of the season the Racers ended up in Calgary/Banff and had to bike up a mountain or something like that and come down the luge or the bobsled or whatever the heck it was.

It was exciting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home