JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

live 8

It's a good thing Bob Geldof is doing,
Yet again.

I remember sitting in my 'rec room'
20 years ago
And watching "Live Aid"
The whole way through

Now, I'm planning to do the same
But in my "great room"
In 2005

"We don't want your money"
He says
"Just your attention"
Well, he always seems to get mine.

The Canadian edition of this
Fantastic concept
Is going to be held 4 minutes from my house
I'll be able to turn on the TV, mute the sound
And HEAR it in real time.

Toronto got bumped to host it
"Not enough time" said their mayor
It's coming an hour north, here to Barrie
"Bring it on" says our mayor.

Exciting news
Exciting acts
Jann Arden will be there
(make sure you tune in, Nance ;) )
Celine, too
Via satellite from Vegas, of course
She has a 900 billion dollar contract there, remember..
The stage will be filled
With Canada's finest

So, watch, will ya?
And enjoy
And think about why
Even with all these people talking about this musical spectacle
Too many people still go to sleep hungry at night...

5 Comments:

At 7:21 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Just when will this event air? Fun....Listening live and not being in the crowd. My kind of concert!

And my Kanuky friend, I got a mousepad yesterday, and I live in California......... Last time I checked we were still a state. Took forever. I imagine you will be getting one very soon.....LOL

 
At 3:59 AM, Blogger Cindy said...

Is that Live8 on HBO? If so, I won't be able to watch. But I would love to, I ordered ONE bracelets, still waiting for them, along with the mousepad, and my new Michael Stanley cd. It's all I do is wait lately!

 
At 5:17 AM, Blogger lightfeather said...

Awesome stuff! Fun too. A little change in routine to benefit others is such incredibly good energy.

 
At 5:31 AM, Blogger BonnyT said...

Apparently MTV and VH1 are carrying the even next Saturday all day in the States.

IS that better Cindy?

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

" going to be held 4 minutes from my house"

Wow! very cool..I'll be watching and supporting the Live Aid.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home