JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Top 10's

Wow...a double-blog day here. Must be the 'stagnant air' outside that is keeping me plunked in front of the computer.

Music, Movies & Books
All the things that I couldn't get enough of before I had my daughter.
I wouldn't trade my life now for the world,
But some days I would give anything
Just to listen to one of my favorite CD's the whole way through...
Watch a movie the whole way through..or go to one, for that matter
Read a book in a day, instead of taking 3 months to get through one now.

Here are my Top Ten favorite CDs, Movies & Books up until now..

CD's

Mirrorball - Sarah McLaughlin
Invincible Summer - kd lang
Hymns of the 49th Parallel - kd lang
Fly - Dixie Chicks
Breakdown - Melissa Etheridge
A Place In The Sun - Tim McGraw
Happy? - Jann Arden
Become You - Indigo Girls
When I Look In Your Eyes - Diana Krall


Movies

Shawshank Redemption
Beaches
Dumb & Dumber
Sleepless in Seattle
Kate & Leopold
Gia
A League of Their Own
Fried Green Tomatoes
Home Alone
Grease


Books

She's Come Undone - Wally Lamb
Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood - Rebecca Wells
To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
Rubyfruit Jungle - Rita Mae Brown
Misadventures in the 213 - Dennis Hensley
Fried Green Tomatoes - Fannie Flagg
Circle of Three - Patricia Gaffney
The Firm - John Grisham
A Time to Kill - John Grisham
Of Mice and Men - John Steinbeck

It's hard to just list your Top 10 of ANYTHING.
I suppose that's a good thing.


Psst...Thanks, Nance...for the idea....I like that we're on an "I Like" roll today....

6 Comments:

At 11:49 AM, Blogger Cindy said...

Thanks for stopping by. Here's the update on the driveby: Only her car was in the drive way and the house was all shut up. She doesn't have air conditioning, so I'm assuming she was not home. If she was, she might have been in bed. There is a slight chance that there was a vehicle hidden in the back, but since the house was closed up, we didn't stop.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Hey Bonn, Love the song choices. Love most, but who is Jann Arden? Love KDLang. Best voice out there!

I am a huge Patsy Cline fan and there is a singer name Mandy Barnett that sounds like her. Have you ever heard of her? Check her out, if you haven't already.

Beaches was filmed at an old friend's house. Right here in our Crystal Cove. They fixed up her house and filmed the movie there. Now all those houses belong to the state. The land was leased to these people for generations. Now the state is renovating them for rentals and one is a ranger station.

Lots of things are filmed here in Crystal Cove. It is so beautiful....

Steinbeck, Of Mice and Men. One of my all time favorites too. Have you ever read the Sweet Potato Queen's books? Very funny. Love them....

I put the lyrics to Barbara Mandrell and George Jones' song ❛I was Country, When Country Wasn't Cool❛ in my comments. Due to the reference of putting peanuts in my coke! Some people had never heard of that. Imagine that! LOL :)

Two posts. You are on a roll today! And it is hard to do top ten lists! LOL

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

I was trying to underline the song and got quotation marks instead. One in the wrong direction even! Oh well. Something to work on!

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger lightfeather said...

The sky was meant to be blue. Not brown! Yuck!

My favorite all time movie is Christmas Vacation. I watch it all year long, much to everyone else's chagrin. I have a new runner up, which is Meet the Fockers. How silly is that? I have the hardes time sitting and watching anything. I guess that is why I like the "silly shows."

Have a healthful day. Stay indoors!

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

I wlll give Jann Arden a listen! Thanks
I figured you would know the song! You like kuntry! :)

 
At 5:15 AM, Blogger Cindy said...

Good morning new stranger friend! I'm thinking, that Rosie would not pick and choose who will recieve and who won't. It just doesn't strike me as her style. I think it would be too hard to weed through everyone and decide who gets and who don't. You'll have to let me know what happens. When things start arriving!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home