JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Monday, June 13, 2005

Think You Know Alot about Chicken?

I grilled up a TON of chicken on the barbie yesterday. (Yes, I ventured outside into the stagnant air to cook food to nourish my family...it was my duty)

I always cook MORE than enough because we eat alot of chicken..in salads, in wraps, etc.

So, as I was sitting here this morning with my coffee, I had chicken on the brain. So I began searching for new recipes to use the TON of it that I cooked.

I found some great ones.
I also found some little known facts about chicken.

Did you know that....
A chicken can travel up to 9 miles an hour?
There are 4 towns in the U.S. that actually have 'Chicken" in their name? (Chicken, Alaska..chicken Bristle, IL and KY...and Chicken Town, PA)
The most eggs laid by a chicken in 1 day is 7?
Chickens and turkies have been know to cross-breed, thus producing "Turkin's"?
The closest living relative to the T-Rex is a chicken?
The longest recorded flight of a chicken is 13 seconds?
McDonald's in India only serves chicken and mutton? (A "Big Mutton Combo, please")
It is illegal to eat chicken with a fork in Gainsville, Georgia? (The 'chicken capitol of the world', apparently)

And finally...

Did you know that there are more chickens in the world than people?

Not if I keep grillin' like I've been grillin', there won't be...

Bon Appetit!

7 Comments:

At 7:02 AM, Blogger Cindy said...

If I didn't know anything about chicken, I sure do now. Thank you for the fun facts!

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Cindy said...

Update:
No presents in the mail today, just advertisements!

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

A bit of time on your hands there Bonn? LMAO

Can you imagine how tired the chicken would be if it did those nine miles? 9mph...WOW

And they can possibly lay 7 eggs in one day? How the hell do they do that? I may need to do a little research my ownself! LOL

Okay, had to laugh while picturing you putting the chicken on the barbie. Multi use pool????ROTFLMAO

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger BonnyT said...

I had to make a correction...I meant MUTTON, not mullet...LMAO.

Why do I have 'mullet' on the brain? It scares me to even wonder...lol...

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Hey Bonn,

I think it is funny that you never wrote the sidebar to the barbie! LOL

It is kooky how our minds think the same sometimes! I like that. It's fun!

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger lightfeather said...

Love chicken! I don't eat beef or pork, so you can imagine the amount of chicken going on at my house! Love those chicken facts too.

No mullets...mullets are quite the little joke in our family. So is nose picking..I know, gross! Anyway, quite recently my brother(the goof ball and attorney of all things) sent me a picture via email of some guy with amullet picking his nose. A two fer one!

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Just checking in to see if you posted three times today! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home