JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

b-anon

One of my best friends brought up a good point yesterday.

See, I mentioned to her that I had to go 'and Blog' and she responded with 'what is that?', which surprised me a little.
It surprised me because if anyone is up on a trend, whether it be clothes, art, TV, music, websites, etc...it is her.

Maybe that's just it. Maybe blogging isn't a trend. Maybe it's a way of online-life for many, now.

AnyHOW...

She asked "what is blogging...or maybe I don't want to know because I truly don't need another addiction".

It IS an addiction, isn't it?

I actually sign onto blogger before I even check my email, now.
I sign onto blogger before I opened MSN,
which is HUGE considering chatting was my life at one time.
It literally was.
I spent more time chatting each day than I did sleeping each night.
Sad, isn't it?
At the time it wasn't.
It was fun at the time.
Got me into trouble though, so we won't go down that road again.

NOW it's blogging.
Blogging is safer.
I like 'safe' things now
But it still has that anonymity factor
I think because it isn't 'real time', it's safer.
You still get to know each other very well
Even though you don't know them at all.
Sometimes there's a photo, but if there isn't
You still have that picture in your head.

So yes,
Each time I plunk down at the computer
I peruse my favorites
To see what they did yesterday
To see what is on their mind
To see what made them laugh
Or cry
To read about good news
Or bad
To hear something that will make me laugh my ass off
I have to admit that I do that the most.

I can't seem to figure out what fuels my addiction for such things
Sometimes I wonder if a lack of drama in your OWN life
Makes you turn to this medium
To either read about it
Or create it?

I think I just like to read about it
As I'm very, very happy with my drama-less life at the moment

Had enough of that in past years...

Let's see,
I don't smoke (3 years smoke-free in October)
I don't do drugs (too paranoid about stuff like that)
I drink moderatley
But sometimes eat ferociosly

I guess it's ok to have an addiction like this?

Isn't it???

8 Comments:

At 4:30 AM, Blogger Cindy said...

Thanks for the head's up. I was pretty sure that's what it was going to be. I sure hope I get one! I'm in need of a new one. I love getting free stuff, it's always fun!

 
At 5:22 AM, Blogger Heidi said...

Great Entry Bonny! I could relate in many ways. First thing in the morning I go through my regular rounds of Favs including yours.

If this is an addiction..It could be alot worse..I think were safe..lol

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger Just Jan said...

this is addiciting isn't it...lol. I too enjoy looking at my favorites and I keep finding new ones. I find it more enjoyable than chat which is something I never thought I'd say.

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Rumour Miller said...

Firstly: congrats on the three years smoke free! Be proud.

Secondly: Hi, my name is Rumour and I am a blog addict.

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

...Starting again...

OMG...Spewed coffee when I saw "anyHOW!" First laugh of the morning, scared the birds right off the feeder and I have been awake less than ten minutes...Hang on, I forgot to let the dog out! LOL

Okay, I'm back. Woke the kiddies too. I already have my coffee though. Am I addicted to blogging....umm
....Yeperoo.

And as our minds do think alike so often... I was going to write about blogging today too! LMAO

So, I will try to think of another topic. Thinking....
Maybe I sill hear something on NPR that inspires me today. Unless you tell me to go ahead with MY original idea...Too funny and well said Bonn.....

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger lightfeather said...

So right. You're one smart cookie! There are worse things than blogging :-)

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Cindy said...

Ok, I forgot to mention that I'm glad to be addicted to blogging.
The mail came today, no mousepad!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home