JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Sunday, June 12, 2005

inside fun

Since we're still dealing with THIS..

Smog Alert: June 12, 2005
Smog Advisory
The Ministry of the Environment has issued a Smog Advisory. For regional details see: Current Smog Advisories.
A stagnant hot, hazy and humid airmass over southern Ontario is forecast to remain during the next several days, causing partial sunshine, scattered precipitation, and light southerly winds.

A smog advisory is in effect in all forecast regions. Air quality indexes are expected to be in the moderate to poor categories in all regions during the next several days due to fine particles during the mornings and due to ozone and fine particles during the afternoons.


...we will be hiding within the safe,cool walls of our house today. By the way, don't you just LOVE the word "stagnant"?

I know it's so easy to just toss a movie in the DVD player and have my pumpkin sit on her beanbag chair and watch that all day, but that doesn't sit well with me.
There are many other things to do...

Colouring pictures
Cut & pasting Father's Day cards
Dressing up and playing princess
Dancing
Having a tea party
Reading some books
Building a Little People world
Practicing her somersaults
Play-Doh
Barbies (the dolls, not the pool)
Making up stories around the dollhouse
Singing
Play wrestling
Playing 'stickers'

OK, That will kill about 34 minutes...

Siggghhhhh....
Ok, where's "Monsters Inc" or "Finding Nemo".....??

2 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Okay. I did my post and thanks for the idea! LOL

No, not even a barbie pool for me!

Sounds like another hot ugly day for your area. Sorry about that.

I hope you find enough things to do inside today!

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Heidi said...

I cannot stand this humidity added no wind it's a scorcher..Staying in with the AC today..I had an idea..Who the heck would venture to the laundry room with no AC working down there to do 4 loads...I figure the room would be empty..I was wrong....8 machines filled, washers as well...NO AC ..I'm melllllllllting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home