JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Monday, August 01, 2005

shhhh!!

Hear that???

That's the sound of just me
And my very smart 2 year old
In the house

Nobody else.

I'm in here typing away
Hot cup of coffee beside me
And she's still in her crib
Talking to Pooh and Piglet on the wall
(I can hear her in her monitor)

She's telling them about
The puppies we saw yesterday
They sound as if they are being
A very attentive audience

Hub is golfing
MIL is back home
11 days is a VERY, VERY long visit
For any kind of company..
Not just a mother-in-law

Hub's vay-cay ends tomorrow
There is always something
Bittersweet about that
I'll miss the action of
Having something 'vay-cayish" planned everyday
But I welcome back our routine

I guess her audience
Has cleared the theatre
"Mommy!" has been called out
Short, strong and brief
That's her
"Please come and remove me from my bed, mother"
Way of saying "Mommy!"

No wait...
Now she's singing "Happy Birthday"
In there

Wonder who's it is....

6 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

OMG that is so cute. She is probably singing to Pooh or Piglet or something LMAO! My niece has that theme in her room, too and talks to "them" all the time. ADORABLE. Nothing beats it, and nothing matches it either.

So glad you have the place to yourself now!! Sounds nice! I understand needing your own space..you HAVE to make time for it. Enjoy!

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

You crack me up! Nice to get back to your routine of nap time and bath time and eat time!

You cracked me up with your comment...Can you imagine the new trend...On bathroom walls in bars or even gas stations...Comment to Bonn for a good time at JustThinking.blogspot.com! LMAO! That would be so funny! Or Her Blog's Hot...Paris like...LOL

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Rumour Miller said...

Oh I can't wait for my turn to have a very smart 2 year old.

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger crappyjazz said...

you and your daughter are adorable .. .thanks for visiting my space ... your jackass post cracked me up

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Karen said...

is it your Birthday ?
hmm..now you have me wondering !
your daughter is so cute !

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

I have a 2 year old son and can honestly say this is my favourite stage. Precious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home