JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Friday, July 22, 2005

notes & friends

Got a sweet little note
From a stranger-friend
My first one from a 'blogger'
In email, anyway

Kinda felt weird
Not bad weird
Just weird

Kinda like we departed Blog-world
If only for a second
And we were real-life friends

It's funny
As I visit my favourite blogs everyday
(Which I am still doing
Just haven't been commenting...
Have felt a little 'rushed' these days
That's all
But I'll get back to it)

AnyHOW
As I visit my favourite blogs each day
I realize that I would probably
BE 'real-life friends'
With the ones I visit everyday

You can tell the kind of people they are
From their blogs
And their wit, and their thoughts
You can tell they have a caring heart
And a wonderful soul

I think you look for the same thing
In a stranger-friend's Blog
As you do in a real-life friend
Or else you wouldn't constantly visit
Why would you?

AnyHOW...thanks for note, friend.

6 Comments:

At 4:53 AM, Blogger Just Jan said...

I too visit my favorite blogs each day and like you, I sometimes don't comment. Not trying to be rude, just sometimes not sure how to comment.

 
At 5:08 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

I sent the email, cuz I was worried and didn't know if you would read the last comment on your last post Bonn!

Didn't mean for it to weird you out!

I agree though. We do gravitate to those we like, either blogging or in "real" life. And I do beleve we would all be friends.

And, I do consider you a friend!

Grilled cheese with ketchup? I have no comment there! Although, Zoe will eat ketchup on almost anything! LOL

 
At 5:16 AM, Blogger EVA MAHONEY said...

The blogs I look at are the ones that fit this criteria...:

Spelling errors are limited

Topics are the ones I relate to (for the most part but sometimes it's good to learn something new)

The presentation is nice, not too complicated (don't have to wait for some image to load, or music to play)

It's written in English (sorry, not to discriminate...can't enjoy it if I can't read it.)

It's written by someone I would consider my "real life" friend.

I guess this could be a whole blog in itself. :)

 
At 5:17 AM, Blogger Karen said...

I think it would be a hoot to have a big blogger get together one day ! Can you imagine? a diverse yet connected group of people who all know each other by their words. It would be a trip ! I appreciate the friendships I have made through this wonderful medium. It completes my day !
take care,
Karen

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Rumour Miller said...

Yes, stranger friends. Connected through words on a screen. I totally agree with your post.

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

Great post Bonny..I visit my regular blogs daily.. And yours is part of it my stranger friend. ;)

Have a great weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home