JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Sunday, July 31, 2005

a nice surprise

Yep.
That's what it was.

The wedding was actually very, very lovely.
I feel bad for poking fun of it for the last few weeks.

The walk to the 'sacred tree'
Was a bit of a hike, though.
All up hill.
Through the bush.
Pushing a stroller.
Hoping my capris
WEREN'T turning into butt-crack capris...
(Although I knew deep down in my heart they were)

Up ahead was the bride's
93 year old grandmother
With a walker
I thought to myself
'If she can make this hike and I can't
Shoot me now"

The groom had barefeet and a bandana
The bride had dreadlocks and looked beautiful
The 'sacred tree' was enormous and full of life
The pot luck was actually a good idea
A LOT of delicious stuff to try
It was casual, that's for sure
(I ended up wearing a simple black tank with some 'bling')
It was a calm, relaxing time.
Kinda fun, actually....

As I said
It was a nice surprise.

4 Comments:

At 4:59 AM, Blogger Playground In My Mind said...

Any like gathering that ends up being fun is a bonus. I hate going to things like this. It just seems so presumptuous. Destination weddings are the worst. Like I can afford to travel to YOUR wedding. ugh.

I enjoyed this post. It was sincere and fun. I'm glad that you had fun. Renee

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Karen said...

your outfit sounded perfect.
I am glad it all turned out to be so nice.
Have a great Sunday.

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger lightfeather said...

I am a hopeless romantic. Even now. The sacred tree. I'm glad you enjoyed :-)

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Man, I'd love to go to a wedding where I don't have to dress up! Sounds like it was a lot of fun (or at least interesting!).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home