JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Friday, August 19, 2005

c.n.e.

Todays marks opening day
Of the 126th annual
C.N.E.
or
Canadian National Exhibition
Here in Toronto

For those that have been going
Since they were in strollers
It's just called "The Ex"

18 days of super-fun
Held right on Toronto's waterfront

We might go this weekend

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Ex
Hub HATES HATES HATES it
He isn't sure why
He just does

Maybe because he isn't from here
He's from Heidi-land
Oui?

Anyhow...
How can you hate
The smell of yummy fair food?!!
The sound of laughing and screaming on rides?!!
The noises coming from the games?!!

How can you hate a place
That actually has
A "Food Building"????

Every type of food that you
Could ever want
Has it's own booth in this building
Freebies galore, too.

"Buy a 24 oz coke, get a free hotdog!"
"Buy one back bacon on a bun, get the 2nd one free!
(Do I have to explain back bacon to any of my American readers? ;) )
"Buy 1 dozen donuts, get the 2nd dozen for a penny"
"Buy 1 scoop, but get 2...and upgrade to a waffle come for a penny!"

It's madness, I tell you!

But I love it.
Our very smart 2 year old has never been
But she sees the commercials and says
"Ex, mommy....pweeeeeese!"

Maybe if she changes it to
"Ex, daddy....pweeeeeese"
Hub will change his tune

6 Comments:

At 5:09 AM, Blogger Just Jan said...

sounds like great fun...and yes...what is back bacon...lol..sorry.

 
At 5:12 AM, Blogger Heidi said...

"Maybe because he isn't from here
He's from Heidi-land
Oui?"

Too funny! I wish I can leave heidi-land..lol...I'm heading to Toronto this evening....Not sure I'll have time for the CNE..I would be there in a second!

Sounds like a blast..I hope u end up going with your smart 2 yr old.

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger Patricia said...

oh i'll go to the Ex with you, it sounds fun!

and yeah, this 'merican needs back bacon 'splained, too. it actually sounds kinda yucky with that name. is it what we call canadian bacon??? always thought that was rather silly, too.

have fun!

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

I never got the Canadian bacon thing Bonn...
It looks just like ham to me...Sliced thin. Then it is ham right?
Bacon is salty, and crispy if I make it and yummy.
I love ham too though. I bake a ham. Eat it for two days. Then make a pot of pinto beans in the pressure cooker. Eat those for two days. When I was growing up we ate them with fried taters and cornbread. Now, we do the rice thing. Then I make chili out of the leftover beans and I make a killer chili...And my beans are to die for...All from, I think, your Canadian bacon....
That photo did make my mouth water, but it looks like a really great ham sandwich!

 
At 3:04 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

I just came back for a look at the photo of the sandie to fulfill my 3:00 AM snack attack!
Just kidding...Thought you might have posted by now! LOL

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

wow, that looks nothing like the Canadian Bacon they serve here in the US!!! TOTALLY DIFFERENT. It's a slab ob flat ham that is a little rougher than original ham, that's it.

And they don't call it back ham or whatever here...just canadian bacon. what a rip-off!! you guys are the real deal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home