JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Monday, August 15, 2005

the reel deal

Indeed.
That's what it was called.
'The Reel Deal'

A popcorn big enough
For a family of 6 to share
(With butter, of course)
And a Coke
That could hydrate
Both tribes on 'Survivor'
for the entire 39 days

But it was MINE
ALLLLL MINE

Went to the movies last night
Yes, Gramma and Grampa
Stayed with their very smart 2 year old grandaughter
While Hub and I had a date
Dinner and a movie once a month

Went to see 'The Wedding Crashers'
Effing LOVED it
Laughed my big
Popcorn-eatin'
Coke-swillin'
Ass off..

Even though we went out for supper
JUST before entering the movie theatre
There is always room
For popcorn
Isn't there?

So I purchase 'The Reel Deal'
Huge Popcorn and Huge Coke
For 9 bucks

She plunks it down
I say "whoa!"
She says "I know..plus it's free refills"
I say "Good, because I don't think that is quite enough"
Rolling my eyes.

Why on earth would you need a free refill
On a bag of p-corn that big?

I tell ya, though
I came pretty close to needing it last night
According to Hub
I was a "p-corn eating machine' last night
So what? I say
It was yummy.

So next time
I'm getting the smaller one
So I can partake in the
Free refill
That way I'll have a warm fresh bag
And not feel like
Too much on an oinker.

Oh yeah, I didn't mention it before
But Hub hates pocorn.
So it really is MINE
ALLL MINE

But man, it was good.
Oh yeah, the movie was too
Check it out if you haven't already.

4 Comments:

At 5:12 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Movies are not movies without popcorn. You are right on there Bonn!

Our theaters have gotten so cheap, unless you buy the huge size in a bucket, you get a crappy bag that the butter goes right thru...So, I always get a box and pour it in there. At least cardboard will prevent it from draining onto my clothes.

My hub never wants popcorn until we are in the movie and he starts eating mine. I admire that it was all yours! Lucky duck! LMAO

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Patricia said...

ok first - a husband who doesn't like popcorn? that just might be a dealbreaker for me.
second - refills are great but i only do that when i have a child/go-fer with me 'cause i hate missing anything.
my theatre does the "bucket" deal, which i love. 35 bucks for a literal bucket. it comes with $20 in movie gift certificates and it's good for 3 or 4 months. so if you go more than a couple times, it's like free popcorn. woo hoo!

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Just Jan said...

how nice that you get to go out on a date with your Hub once a month...I think that's cool. Movies just aren't the same with out popcorn....we all get our own because we are all piggies and don't share...lol

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Playground In My Mind said...

The REEL Deal is for mommies and daddies who go out on dates. then they can refill the soda and popcorn container and take it home for the kids. It's our way of thanking them for understanding that every now and then we gotta dump their little booties at gma and gpas and have some mommy and daddy time. Is EVERYBODY happy!! Oh yeah.:) Renee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home