JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Thursday, August 18, 2005

cracked

I used to be a
Chiropractic Assistant
That's where the addiction began

I got cracked
Anytime I wanted
Free of charge

Along with other
'wellness techniques'
Such as massage, etc
Another of my addictions

But it had been awhile
Been so damn busy
I hadn't had the chance to get over there
For a crack

Yesterday I did
Boy, did I get CRACKED
Felt great
Whole new person

My very smart 2 year old
Had a li'l crack, too
I've been taking her since
She was 8 days old

A few of your back and neck problems
That you deal with all your life
Happen exiting the birth canal
Did you know that?
As they yank your head and bend
And twist you
It is doing quite a number
On your little spine

I remember her first crack
She had the best night's sleep
That she had had in 8 days

Now I know some of you are cringing
They don't CRACK newborns or babies
Or even very smart 2 year old's
For that matter
They gently manipulate
To make everything right

Now me?
Mine was definitely CRACKED

Call it what you will
Voodoo doctors
Naturopathic Bullshit
Whatever you want
You either believe in its benefits
Or you don't

It's funny though
The ones that don't believe it
Have never been to one....

9 Comments:

At 5:53 AM, Blogger Karen said...

I am so stiff from working in the yard....
I would love to go and get cracked !
hugs,
Karen

 
At 5:58 AM, Blogger Heidi said...

My sister gets cracked often......Always tell me how great she feels after..I've never had a massage..Maybe that's a first step, then cracking second..lol

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger Patricia said...

i, too, am a crack virgin.
i've never known how to go about starting the process of seeing a chiro when i don't really have "reportable symptoms".

and i'm with you, karen, after packing and preparing to move, i'm thinking a good cracking will be just what i need.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger BonnyT said...

I am so happy you are all open to the idea of crack ;)

Karen & Heidi - yes! definitley a massage, THEN a cracking...massage loosens up everything so the cracking is easier :D


Patricia - Chiro is a prevention measure too...it boosts your immune system (which I am SURE is why I've been sick so much over the last 2 months...it has been over that long since I've gone) and does a whole lot more than "fix your back"...

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Rumour Miller said...

I believe! I am on a different routine with the chiro since getting our BFP... but the benefits are great.

Patricia - I didn't think I had any reportable symptoms either, but then I started reading up on Chiro and infertility. I think that chiro is a big part of our falling pregnant (and come to think of it, I haven't had as many headaches lately either)!

I owe this one to BonnieT, after reading her Mother's Day post.... I had to try it.

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

I am always up for a good crack!

 
At 5:06 AM, Blogger Just Jan said...

I haven't been to the Chiro in years...and man could I really use it.

I read this lastnight but was too tired to replay..then I saw this comic this morning and thought of your post...thought I'd share...lol

http://news.yahoo.com/comics/closetohome;_ylt=Akd0SfqSCUUceQf9_vDJzL0O_b4F;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

 
At 5:07 AM, Blogger Just Jan said...

oh drat....it didn't all come out...oh well...it was funny to me...lol

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I believe in it, but I've never been to one..I am totally missing out aren't I? LOL. I need to be cracked.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home