JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Saturday, June 11, 2005

WANTED: Clean Air

Not going to write much today because, frankly, I feel nauseous.

I can deal with the heat, and the humidity.
But this smog is intolerable.

'Stay in the A/C" they warn on the news.
'Breathing problems? Do not venture outdoors" they say.

Too many people driving cars with just 1 person in them
Too many cars on the road. Period.
Mixed with no wind, high humidity and extreme heat.
97 here today (I've already converted for my American friends)
With 100% humidity.
Blech.

Toronto is second only to Houston when it comes to poor air quality in a large city.
Something to be proud of, eh?

Sickening combination.
Deadly, for some.

Hiding indoors today.
Could only take about 30 minutes with Barbie this afternoon.
Too worried about my pumpkin's little lungs.
Worried about my asthma-stricken lungs, too.
And, she didn't even cry when I made her come in.
Perhaps she could taste that crap, too.

How's this for a cheery, Saturday afternoon post?
Tommorrow's should be just as good, as its supposed to be even worse.

Blech.

3 Comments:

At 7:31 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Hey Bonn,
You gave me an idea for a post tomorrow. Things I actually like! LOL

Thanks for the conversion. I don't do celsius! Nor do I do any metric. Sad, but true. Kids know it though!
There is a push in schools to teach the yungins metric...which is good, eh? LOL

Sorry you only got 30 minutes in Barbie today. And that it is so damn hot! Lucky you have a/c. We don't.

Actually, we bought a five ton a/c one summer and it never cooled off the house, cuz it ain't insulated. Can you belive that?

I am not saying this to be mean, but we got to 63 degrees, it think that is 17.3c to you! It is cold and I have had a sweater on all day. We get drippy fog that actually accumulates enough to measure on the percipitation scale! No reason to wash the car....At least not until July, when we finally get hot here at the coast.

However, have been known to have temps like you are having around Christmas! YUCK. No snow ever. A couple of hours away though.

On my 40th birthday, I had a huge party for myself, and it was 100 degrees in the house! October, when you are cooling off with wonderful fall colors.

So, check back tomorrow and I will dedicate my post to you for your idea...Things I Do Like. Or, No, I Don't Hate Everything.....LOL

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Rumour Miller said...

Keep cool, girl... When we were in Waterloo, I remember seeing the smog in the air. Obviously wasn't as bad as if you lived in T.

Keep cool.

 
At 4:14 AM, Blogger BonnyT said...

We're actually near Barrie, Rumour...I always just say 'near Toronto' because most people know where that is...

The smog covers the entire province though. Blech.

And Nance? No A/C?! Do you at LEAST have a Barbie pool????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home