JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Thursday, June 02, 2005

bugs

I friggen hate them.
I hate all of them.
Every last one.
The big ones, the little ones
The flying ones, the crawling ones
The ones that sting, the ones that don't
Yup.
That's me.
I'm a bug-hater.

Yes, I know they are important
Blah blah blah blah blah
Yes, I know that some of them are our 'friends'
Yada yada yada
Don't care.
I hate 'em.

Although I've never gotten stung or anything
And I have never gotten a mosquito bite
Ever in my life
(Yes, I'm serious)
They sit on me
I can see their little blood-suckin-stingers
"Checking' my skin surface
Then they just fly away
My mother hasn't either
Strange, but true.

I can beat Marion Jones in a race
The moment a bee/wasp/hornet comes around me
My husband says I do cartwheels across the yard
When one comes by
Funny thing is,
I can't do a cartwheel

Never been stung though
Knock on wood
What makes me uncomfortable
Is the fact that you don't know you are allergic
Until AFTER the fact.
Not comfortable with that, thanks.

"Why are you moving to the country
If you hate bugs?"
Is the question I've been hearing over and over.
And I never have an answer
I'll live, I say.

Unless of course I get stung and I'm allergic.

3 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Blogger Rumour Miller said...

They have epi pens for that too! You'll be fine.

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger lightfeather said...

I carried an epi pen for the longest time because I am allergic. I eventually just came to a certain peace about it. No more pen. No more fear.

Thank you for the kindest words on my blog.

You are loved.
Lightfeather

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Never been stung? How lucky are you?

My husband and one daughter get bites all the time and my other daughter and I don't. Weird. Must be something in our blood, that some bugs don't like.

Don't get me wrong, I do get bites from some things and I hate it. Be it in the country or the city! LOL

Enjoy your new digs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home