JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Friday, June 10, 2005

WANTED: A Real Pool

It is hot. Unbearably hot.
The kind of heat that makes you feel sick to your stomach.
The kind of heat that makes you want to hang indoors all day in the A/C.
Or in the refreshing waters of a pool.

I'm anxiously awaiting the awakening of my daughter from her nap.
How crazy is that?, you're all thinking to yourselves.
Don't you want her to sleep as long as she can so you can have a bit of a break?, you wonder.

Of course it's crazy. Of course I want her to sleep as long as she can.

The bottom line?
I won't look quite as ridiculous sitting in a small, blow-up Barbie pool with my 2 year old in there with me, now will I??

So I need her to wake up so we can get out there.

We did buy a new pool at the red bullseye while we were "visiting friends just outside of Detroit".
A bigger one that, if I sit in it, the water actually comes up past my boobs.

Problem is, its too big to blow-up with my mouth and I can't find the electric pump and my Hub isn't answering his work line.

So, the Barbie one it is.
Small enough to blow-up with my mouth.
Wet enough to cool me off in this heatwave.

Childish enough for me to look ridiculous.

OH! She's stirring! YAY!
Gotta go!

4 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Blogger Rumour Miller said...

Girl, I hear you on the Wanted: A real pool. Been bugging my hubby for one for years.... *sigh* best just get one myself. Have fun with your daughter and barbie. ha ha.

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

I guess were having the same weather in Montreal...HOT, Humid and Horribly sweaty..ugh

Have fun with your daughter and keep cool no matter where and how u do it..lol

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Hey Bonn,
So funny. You are right, you will look better accompanied by your daughter in the Barbie pool! LOL

As for the socks, Nah, they will never reappear again. They never do. My husband likes to have all one color for dress socks for this very reason!

Hope you find the pump!

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger lightfeather said...

Oh I remember the days! Back when I lived in Chicago and my god baby, who is now 21 had one of those little pools! You should see the pictures of our "pool parties!" Not sure if we ever let him in. LOL! But he was what drove us to be able to "swim" in the pool. Yeah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home