JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Monday, May 30, 2005

A Full Plate

Have you ever had so much going on in your life
That you cry, or at least want to?

The weird part is, its all good stuff
(except for one thing)

Good stuff like picking up our new car tomorrow
So mega-'car stuff' to do first
Insurance, registrations, plates, etc.
Good stuff like needing to have all of house stuff chosen this week
Colours, cabinets, upgrades, changes to the floor plan

The one 'bad thing' is
We have to get all our ceramic tile in THIS house ripped up
And replaced
The house is only 3.5 years old
But the builder put in a shitty sub-floor
So it's uneven
So the exisiting ceramics are wobbling and cracking
"Not our problem, man" is what we keep hearing
so we can't sell the house with that happening
So we have to dish-out $3000 to fix it ourselves
(Then take them to small claims)
Oh yeah, AND move out for about 3 days while they do it

That's the part that is stressing me out the most.
And has made me have tiny meltdowns here and there

I guess everyone deserves a little meltdown
When they have too much on their plate

I guess I could just look at it like this
My absolute favorite dinner is steak, baked potato and corn on the cob
But instead of corn on the cob, I get served turnip
I friggen HATE turnip

My new house is my steak...
The new car is my tater...
The shitty floor is turnip.

If I could just hide the turnip I would
But that wouldn't be right
So I'll grin and bear it until my plate is empty.

2 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, Blogger lightfeather said...

Great analogy! Never tried a turnip. Don't think I'd like one. Glad you got your steak and taters. You will have your corn on the cob for dessert!

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Rumour Miller said...

What about reducing the selling price by $3,000.00 and let the purchasers know that you have done that to compensate for the floor? Just a thought, may save you some time or some stress... definitly will save some work if you are doing it yourself.

Good luck! Congrats on the Steak and tater!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home