JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Friday, February 10, 2006

still buried

Yes, I'm serious.

It has snowed every day this week.

Luckily the wind has been blowing
So the accumultion has been low
But it's still snowing, folks.

Thanks for the compliments
On our new house
And my baby girl, everyone

They were super-nice

I guess the Olympics
couldn't have come at a better time
With all this crazy weather
It's nice to have them to watch

Just so you know, when I refer to them
I will call them the Turin Olympics
As that is the proper name

Did you know that "Torino"
Was just a name that NBC
(The network that paid the most
to cover them)
Asked the OCC to call them?

Beacause it was
"Easier for Americans to remember
and to say"???

I am effing serious.

American friends,
Tell me it ain't so.

Tell me that NBC is wrong,
That we don't have to
Americanize
European city names too??!

I personally think the U.S. media
Doesn't give your country
Enough credit
When it comes to stuff like that

Anyway,
For fellow fans of the Olympics
Enjoy Turin!

I will be.

2 Comments:

At 12:46 PM, Blogger Rumour Miller said...

And I'm an idiot for thinking that was the actual name! D'OH

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, I thought Turin was the improper name and that everyone was calling it something different than what it was! Wow. Well, if you look at our current state of affairs and the idiot we have in office, that right there is a reason people may think that all Americans are idiots and can't comprehend anything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home