JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Saturday, February 11, 2006

clarification and a rant

It depends on whom you ask...

This explains it a bit better
Better than I did, anyway...

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10896852/

I read a previous article
One that I can't find now
Of course
That gave me the info
That I wrote about yesterday

My apologies...
Didn't mean to slam you guys down south...
Or slam your press, I mean
It won't happen again...

Just DO NOT mention the uniforms
The US Team wore in the opening ceremonies
That almost replicated
The Canadian teams attire
In Salt Lake City
Designed by the Canadian company
"Roots"

I currently have many
Articles of clothing
Purchased at Roots
Mostly because it was
All-Canadian
(I'm a stickler for stuff like that
Because there aren't many companies out there
That pride themselves on that)
Not to mention downright comfy
And oh-so-cool lookin'

I have the ORIGINAL
Salt Lake City
Backwards Hat
I also have the ORIGINAL
Jacket, with the name Roots on the chest

Now they don't feel so special anymore...

K...I'm done
For a few days anyway...;)

3 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Blogger Marisa said...

Turin just sounds weird to me. Maybe because my parents are Italian...Torino is much prettier.

Then again, I call Florence by it's italian name Firenze.

I could not bring myself to buy any HBC olympic gear. I am a Roots girl. I also have the red, backwards hat from Salt Lake City.

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Rumour Miller said...

I thought it was the opposite too. LOL D'OH. Oh well. DH corrected me good and went online and did the research to make his point. I am easily convinced.... hee hee.

ha ha.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Being an Italian-American, I actually find it easier to say the word Torino over Turin. It rolls off my tongue easier and I have lived here all my life. Why so much controversy over a name? I don't know why they started this in the first place. Let it be what it is LOL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home