JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Monday, October 17, 2005

The Wave

Well, we're back.

Great, great trip
This was after we were delayed
On Friday getting there
Then yesetrday at LaGuardia
Was a nightmare
But we're home safe and sound.

Fiddler was outstanding
Our girl was terrific
Those critics can stick it
Where the sun don't shine...

So, the backstage tour
Of course it is on
"Meet the contest winners" night
They were back near her dressing room
For a good 20-30 minutes
Lucky Ducks

By this time, we had to leave
Our "contact" had to leave
So that means we had to
But it was very cool to stand
On the Fiddler's stage

So, we merged into the HUGE crowd
At the stage door
Waiting for you-know-who
And out she comes
Smiling and surrounded by yellow

Signing Playbills
Smiling for the camera
Her arm around your shoulder

I don't think she missed
One, single, Playbill
That's our girl

I got my glance afterall
And her sig
And her smile
And her "Hi, how are you?"
And her arm
Over my shoulder

Then off she went
Hopped into her waiting SUV
Which was, of course,
Stuck on 45th St in after-theatre traffic

We virtually walked beside it
On our way to 8th Ave
So I stopped..
And waved like a goofy-girl

And she waved back at me
From inside

No one else was waving
So I knew it was especially
For me

I think that was the
Best part of the whole meeting

The wave.

7 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Blogger Just Jan said...

sounds like a great time.

being delayed really sucks but atleast the outcome was good.

oh..and I would have waved too...lol

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Bonn....Such fun! I am happy you got in your annual fall trip to NYC and to see the play and Rosie! You must be flying high...Oh, that was yesterday.
So glad you had a blast.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Rumour Miller said...

I absofriggenlutely love it! That is fantastic!

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

Bonny. I was beaming when I read this..I am so happy for you..Ya got to love the wave. :)

What a memorable time in NY!

 
At 4:23 AM, Blogger Karen said...

how awesome !!!!
that sounds like a fantastic time.
I would have waved too:)
hugs,
Karen

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Mel said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures and your experience! I was excited for you when you talked about the wave!

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger SassyFemme said...

How cool for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home