JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Peeking

Today, I get to peek inside
My belly
And see what all the fuss is about.

It's my Screening Ultrasound

Not my NORMAL ultrasound
Where they take pics of every angle
And look at valves, bones or organs
This one is to measure a certain neural fluid
In order to ensure you that your baby is perfect :)

See, I'm old ;)
So they SUGGEST I have it

No worries

But hopefully I'll still be able
To PEEK
I think this time we want to know
If we have a winky or a not-so-winky

Oh yeah
I'm also going alone this time
No big deal

We laugh because during your first
Pregnancy
The husbands or partners all make sure
They're off and join you at every
Ultrasound
Every appointment

Now that you know it's really no big deal
Except for the first heartbeat one
Now it's like
"I might be able to, we'll see"

Today? No.
Hub worked nights
And needs his sleep
I know that
But next week is the "Heartbeat Appointment"
So he'll be there

Although I may get to SEE that today, too.
That would be a plus

As for the winky or not-so-winky
That may be tough at 13 weeks

But if they can
I'm asking the Tech to write it down and fold it
And Hub and I will look at it together
Tonight

It's the least I can do.

6 Comments:

At 6:15 AM, Blogger Just Jan said...

Have fun at the ultrasound...are you taking your very smart 2 yr old? My daughter took my grand daughter and she was in awe at the sight of a baby in mommies belly.

I have restarted my blog Bonny...stop by when you get the time. I didn't have your email to keep you updated.

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Hey Bonn, glad you blog found it's way back to us! It was strange seeing nothing.

I hope you have a great ultra sound and that you get to now what you want to know as well! Good luck. Actually, by the time you read this, your appointment will have come and gone, I hope you got everythig you wanted!

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

Hope everything went well..I wonder what's written inside that paper ;)

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Rumour Miller said...

They won't tell us here and gosh darn it I really wanted to know! Our Pea wasn't very helpful and it took a long time just to get a few looks. Pea was curled up in a ball nice and tightly hiding that winky or not-so winky... LOL. Good luck, let us know how it goes.

 
At 4:40 AM, Blogger Karen said...

let us know how everything went:)
hugs,
Karen

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Rumour Miller said...

Was there a WINKY?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home