JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Saturday, August 20, 2005

rainy, grey saturdays

I love rainy, grey Saturdays.

Acutally, I loved them more
Before my very smart 2 year old.

It meant not getting out
Of your jambo's all day long.
You would shower, mind you,
But you would hop right back into
Fresh jams for the rest of the day

It meant vegging on the couch all day
Watching movies and stuff you had taped

It meant having take-out for
Lunch
AND dinner
(Breakfast was a big 'ole bowl
Of Honey-Nut Cheerios)

It meant chatting online for hours
In between the movies
and the stuff you had taped

Now, what does it mean?

It means trying to figure out
Something FUN to do indoors
With a very smart 2 year old

I don't mind doing stuff like
Colouring, painting, playdoh
Stickers, Barbie's, Polly Pockets
I just find that it goes too fast

I know.
We'll go shopping.

:)

4 Comments:

At 4:26 AM, Blogger crappyjazz said...

i must give you my total respect for going shopping with a two-year old!

rainy here too today ... but i love it

 
At 4:54 AM, Blogger BonnyT said...

She's actually an excellent, excellent shopper. The trick was starting her young...just like going to a restaurant...gotta start 'em young to avoid a nightmare.

My shopping trips are shorter though, which actually works out better for me...LOL!

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

I had Zoe in Nordstrom when she was two days old! She was in her warm comfy, cough protected stroller...

You know Bonn, you don't HAVE to shop...You and your very smart 2 year old could stay in your jammies all day and watch movies too....

Me thinks you are the one who wants to go shopping! And always bring along some carbs for they youngun.

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Very true!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home