JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Saturday, August 27, 2005

my sis

I'm telling my sis
The news today.

Can't wait to see her face.

See, when I got pregnant with
Our very smart 2 year old
It was such a shocker
Considering we had gone almost
8 years with not even a MAYBE
On a double line...

My poor sis had just gotten
Into a car accident that week
Scary stuff
A car blew a red light
She was hit while turning left
And the car pushed her into another
Trapping her
She had to crawl out the window
While moments later the thing started
On fire
See...told you...scary stuff.

So she was home recovering
And I called her to see how she was
She was crying as she told me
Then she finally said
"And to top it off, I got my effing period"
So I followed with
"Hmm...weird....I didn't get mine"

She clued in instantly.
And we both cried.

So this time around
She's safe, thank goodness..
But she just lost her job yesterday
Well, her last day was yesterday
The company folded
So she's up this way for the weekend
And is heading over here later today
As we're all going to the local fair

My very smart 2 year old
Is going to answer the door
In her little t-shirt

Can't wait
We always seem to have really good news
To tell her
When she has something bad happening

Her and I aren't particulary close
But we share 'happy' really well together.

3 Comments:

At 7:05 AM, Blogger Rumour Miller said...

That's awesome. Have a great visit with your sister.r

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

That is a very clever way to announce it to your sister Bonn! I like it!

Have fun!

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love what you said here:

"Her and I aren't particulary close
But we share 'happy' really well together."

That is pretty profound.

Sorry to hear about your sister's accident, but thank goodness she is okay afterall.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home