JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

eavesdropping

Here I sit
In front of the computer
Listening to my
Very smart 2 year old
In the baby monitor
NOT sleep

Of course she doesn't want to
Sleep anymore
Because mommy WANTS to...

Anyhow..

This is what I hear
(Please note, the dots refer
to words I cannot make out)

"One day, one day, one day and
Once upon a time...queen name Belle...
And one day one day ...I pway with
Polly Pockets....big girl Polly Pockets
So one day one day one day once upon a time
Princess Belle and puppies....and I paint
One day one day with Blue Clue's and Joe..
And one day me and Ruby watch Shrek..
And Ruby and Shrek are cartoons...
And one day my bwanket and my bicycle were
In the driveway...
And one day were upside down and then anyway....
Hmmmm...Bugs Bunny...hmmmmm...Tweety Bird...
Blow out the candles....((blooooooowww))))"

Please note: I was typing as I heard it..

Was that a great story or what?

I think I'm glad she didn't go for a nap
Or we both would have missed it...

Let's just hope the rest of the day
Is just as entertaining
Without a nap.....
For EITHER of us.....

5 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

What a terrific story and you followed her so well while typing...


And by the way, when you talk about something, like maybe having another baby so your very smart two year old has somebody to play with, you really got right on that didn't you!? LMAO

Congratulations Bonn....I am very happy for you!

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Just Jan said...

that is sooooo cute...I can picture you sitting there typing away with a huge smile on your face. I'm sure I missed out on alot of good stories from when mine were little as I never had a monitor.

 
At 4:12 AM, Blogger BonnyT said...

Nance..it was already done at that time, apparently..LOL. Maybe it was a subconscious thing...

Jan...I'm a prisoner of the monitor...moreso when she was a baby but even now...

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Karen said...

how cute is that ?!
still smiling from the previous post too :)
hugs,
Karen

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

OMG that was ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home