JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Friday, August 26, 2005

a blur

That's what this week
Has been.

A complete blur.

I think that happens
When one discovers that something
Life changing
Is about to happen.

Yes, I've been through this before
But this is a whole new ballgame

This week has been
Full of appointments
Full of telling people the news
Full of catching myself as I
Go to toss my very smart 2 year old
Up in the air
Then stopping and altering play
Full of "wow's" and "I can't wait's"
Full of exhaustion

That's the kicker.
I don't remember being as tired
As early last time
Maybe because my days were spent
Behind a desk last time
And not running after
And entertaining a toddler
I actually konked out for 2 hours yesterday
During Lil' Miss's naptime
I've NEVER done that
Even when she was a newborn

So, I hope you'll excuse
The odd absence from here
Now and again

4 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Blogger Rumour Miller said...

way to go on the ticker... looks great!

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Karen said...

naps are good :)

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

Bonny...Pardon the pun but "it's expected"..Of course you will be busy and more tired..Just rememeber I'm always here to check up on you..And I promise I won't be a pest..Just concerned as always. ;)

Have a great weekend.

 
At 4:33 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

I was more tired the second time around too. I had a seven month old when I got pregnant the second time...Those kiddies can wear you out, at any age.

I LOVE NAPS! Not too long though, or I wake up grumpy. And it helps since night time sleep eludes me!

I like the ticker...Fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home