JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

:::cough::::

I'm sick.
Chest infection.
Fun.
Not.

Thought it was my asthma acting up
In this 'oh so beautiful' smoggy weather that has returned.
But it's not.
Kind of a relief, actually.
It's good to hear something other than
"It's JUST your asthma" for a change
(Although asthma should never be described as JUST...)

Thinking it was my asthma
I popped into the E.R. yesterday
Now, when you visit a Toronto-area hospital
And you have ANY sort of cough
They slap a mask on you
And shuffle you off to isolation
(Thank you, SARS of 2003)

So, I got slapped and shuffled off
Sat there, masked for 1.5 hours
Without any sort of a sign of being seen
Anytime soon
So I left

I've never done that before
But, I did
Because deep down I KNEW
They were going to tell me it was
JUST my asthma

Came home
Coughed all night
Got up and went to the clinic
Chest infection, not "just my asthma"
Got meds
Feeling a tad bit better now..

Thanks for asking. :D

5 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Blogger Rumour Miller said...

Oh, Bonnie... feel better soon!

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Sorry you are ill. Sounds like you and Jaded did the same thing yesterday. Feel better soon.

The $300 store...right...Not when we add all the goodies, eh? LMFAO too!

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

Bonny..Hope your feeling more than a tad better since this morning.

Take care of yourself.

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Karen said...

hope you are more than a tad better this evening.
glad you like the doggie pic.
take care and get well.

Karen

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger lightfeather said...

Gee, I was wondering what had happened to you..hope you start feeling better soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home