JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

remembering

I've come to the conclusion that I remember way too much.

I remember everything. Anything and everything. It's funny though, back in school I remembered nothing. I remembered just enough to get by, but that was it. Do you think you only remember what is important to you? Well, for me that has to be the case.

Now I know why my feelings get hurt when people in my life don't remember something. It makes me think that they didn't think it was as important as I did.

I remember dates. I remember what particular song was popular ON those dates. I remember the weather on those dates. I remember what I ate on those dates. I remember things that were said to different people on those dates.

I remember people. I remember what songs were on when I was with those people. I remember what I was wearing and what the other person was wearing. I remember glances and looks that the people gave me. I remember how I looked at them.

I remember smells. I remember where I was when I smelled that smell. I still have a candle that a friend sent me and every now and then I smell it and instantly, a memory appears. And when I smell that smell, it makes me remember the people, the music, the food, the glances, the weather, the clothes and everything involved in that memory.

THERE! You see. Schoolwork doesn't HAVE a smell.

That explains everything.

1 Comments:

At 7:31 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

I know what you mean. I remember dates, times, places, smells as well.

I hear a song and it always reminds me of what I was doing then. Some songs remind me of a whole bunch of things since it would play over a time span in my life.

Don't worry, someday schoolwork will smell too!!! HA

You shouldn't be offended when somebody doesn't remember something that you do though.

Some of us have "it" and some don't. Fact of life.


Nancy Epstein

 

Post a Comment

<< Home