JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Friday, April 29, 2005

YIKES

I actually just told an important person in my life my BLOG address. That's stressful. It's one thing when strangers are reading it, but its entirely another ball of wax when someone who knows you is reading it. It almost makes me change the way I write in here....which really isn't any 'spectacular' way, I just write whaever is on my mind that particular moment. I even made her promise not to laugh..even though I know that's that last thing she'd do. I mean, I do want her to laugh at SOME things....with SOME things it's all about the laugh. I just don't want her to laugh AT it. And she won't. I know she won't.

I can't believe I made her promise NOT to.

How's THAT for confidence? Come to think of it, how's that for MATURITY?? "Wahhh..oh pleasssse, don't laugh at my blog"

To quote myself from last weeks blog, I can be SO lame.

2 Comments:

At 6:56 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

"That's stressful. It's one thing when strangers are reading it, but its entirely another ball of wax when someone who knows you is reading it."

Hi Bonnie,
don't be stressed, I don't know you..lol But I can relate. I mentioned my blog to one of my "online friends"..And just that alone is giving anxiety..lol

I just started blogging a few weeks ago. Happened to come across yours from Rosie's blog..No Tivo in Canada :(
Maybe in 10 yrs..Were always behind.

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Found you on Ro's site.
I was going to leave one comment and then I read and decided to comment on all relavent posts! HA
I only told one friend about my blog. She told her work mate. I also told my husband. We have a family blog and I never intended for anybody to read mine, from the family, at least.
Anyhow, I got a comment from my sister in law one day and went to the family blog to check it out. My husband had put my blog in the links and therefore, the family can now see it. Not to mention, when I posted on the family blog, it signed my name and HOMEPAGE! Yikes.
At this point, I don't really care anymore. It could stiffle my creative writing though! HA
However, I know what you mean, it is a little strange when you intend it only for stranger friends!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home