JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

::::sigh::::::

Lots of things on my mind this morning. Some big things, some really little STUPID things. Like what, you ask? Like should I jump in the shower before I take my daughter to her Toddler Storytime at the library (which lasts only 30 minutes), or should I sit here and write and enjoy my coffee and just stick my hair in pigtails or something. THAT kind of little, stupid thing.

The big thing is we're hoping to buy a new house. A really beautiful, house with lots of land around it. The kind of house that we've been waiting for through the 4 we've lived in already in 10 years. If you listen to "Where the Green Grass Grows' by Tim McGraw, you'll picture this house. I picture it so clearly when I hear it I feel a few tears well up...LOL. (yes, I'm a SAP)

Anyhoo, we met the agent who takes care of the new home development yesterday and wrote up an offer and he's bringing it to the builder and we'll hear today. We didn't low-ball him that much, but everybody KNOWS the mark-up builders do on upgrades, etc. Don't want to piss the builder off right from the start so we didn't go that low. I asked colin how high are we going to go? And his response was depends on how much we want the house.

We both looked at each other without words. We know how much. It's all we've been talking about.

Exciting and stressful all at the same time.

1 Comments:

At 5:59 AM, Blogger Ottawa Pocket Watches said...

Good luck with the new house. Begin praying on a regular basis...you'll need that extra edge when dealing with builders and their no brain contractors. (Soon you will understand what I mean).

Remember they all smile when they take your money :-)


As for the Bush picture, yes Canadian papers are full of Martin and Layton and their new love match. I guess it doesn't matter how corrupt you are just as long as you get what you want.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home