JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

The country

We did it. Firmed up the deal on the new house yesterday. As of November we will become 'country folks' and we couldn't be more excited.

Well, if you consider 15 minutes west of where we are NOW becoming 'country folks'.

If there isn't a Starbucks, a Blockbuster, a McDonalds or even a grocery store within a 15 minute drive, that's the country.
If I look out the window and I see trees and grass rather than the roof of my neighbours Toyota 4-Runner, thats the country.
If there is actually a tree that has been there for more than 5 years, that's the country.

(Geez, I'm starting to sound like that "You know you're a Redneck" fella...enough of that...I think you catch my drift)

The kicker? Our lot is HUGE. When you've been used to living on a lot the size of a postage stamp, that's exciting stuff.

I'm excited that I'll have to cook more...instead of having the convenience of take-out everywhere you turn.
I'm excited to have a veggie garden, instead of a lame-ass tomato plant in a planter on our deck.
I'm excited that my daughter will see that there ARE more stars in the sky.
I'm excited that I'll be actually able to let her play without me walking a foot behind her all the time.

Exciting, eh?

2 Comments:

At 6:41 AM, Blogger Rumour Miller said...

Congratulations on your new found freedom!

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Yippee for you! You will love the country! So will your daughter, as there really ARE more stars in the sky. Well put!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home