JustThinkin

The thoughts and ramblings of an easy-going Canadian mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, neighbour and sometimes just a friendly face in the crowd....

Monday, May 09, 2005

cowards

My sister used to date a coward. In fact, she dated a coward for almost 9 years, but didn't know he was one.

I call him such because he and my sister recently broke up...well, 'recently' means just under a year ago. They broke up because he thought 'things were going too fast" (remember, NINE years) and that he didn't think he was ready for marriage and the house, etc. Oh yeah, he also didn't want to get married because 'everything will change..we'll spend every Saturday afternoon at Home Depot instead of doing cool things". These two aren't teenagers...they are in their late twenties...

So, they break up. Within the month he has a new tart on his arm. Within the month my sister is still depressed. She misses him, but also feels that some time has been wasted. You hate to look at things like that, but girls do anyway...

She keeps in touch with a member of his family, who tells her recently that the coward is getting married to the new tart that was on his arm. The new tart's family has put a downpayment down on a house for them and organized the 400 plus wedding for them. Can you say Tony Soprano? Catch my drift? Well, thats the speculation, anyway.

Apparently the new tart was around before my sister wasn't.

Bottom line:

If you don't love somebody anymore, just tell them. Don't make up story after story to try and make things easier, because they just make things worse when the truth comes out. And it will come out. It will come out and bite you in the ass and make you look like the coward that you are.

"I don't love you anymore" is very, VERY hard to hear. But "I screwed around and cheated on your for a few months and made up a story as to why I didn't want to be with you and I basically LIED for the last few years of our relationship" is worse.

Be a man, that's what I say. Or maybe its a good thing you got all of your lying out, already....because from what I hear, your new in-laws won't stand for that...

Coward.

2 Comments:

At 7:06 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Bonny, So sorry for your sister, but she is lucky she is rid of the coward and it sounds like he is about to get his just rewards!

Things happen for a reason, I believe, and your sister was not supposed to endure the rest of her life with this loser man.

What a perfect world it would be if nobody lied. Not really, but it would be nice if people were honest.

Hope your sister finds somebody worthy of her.

Nancy Epstein

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

I AM harmless Bonny. Thank you! HA
I have been banned from the buddies site. I was registered and now banned. Sucks too.
Sarah is working on it.

I noticed Ro changed her colors after she posted yesterday. She changed the color on her own post. I haven't a clue why the colors are different. I am red too though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home